Best areas to Stay in Bali
Discover the perfect area to stay in Bali for your next vacation with
our expert guide. From the trendy beach bars of Seminyak to the cultural
heart of Ubud and the exclusive luxury of Nusa Dua, we'll explore the
best areas in Bali for young adults, families, solo travelers, and more.
Find your perfect Bali escape with our insider tips and start planning
your dream vacation to the "Island of the Gods" today.
Best Places to Stay in Bali for Young Adults: Seminyak is the perfect place for young adults looking for a fun, lively atmosphere. This trendy beach town is known for its hip bars, boutique shops, and upscale restaurants. It's also home to some of Bali's most popular beach clubs, where you can dance the night away under the stars.
Sarah loved staying in Seminyak, where she could explore the shop filled streets during the day and hit up the beach clubs at night. She
particularly enjoyed the laid-back vibe at Potato Head Beach Club, which
had an infinity pool overlooking the ocean and delicious cocktails.
TravelScout Channel presents a comprehensive guide of must-see locations in Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia. Here's what was covered:
- Sunbathe on Pantai Geger: This public beach offers rental sun loungers and local cafes called warungs.
- Watch the Water Blow: Water Blow is a large blowhole on Nusa Dua beach, and while it's unsafe to get close, it offers an impressive spectacle from a distance.
- Experience a Camel Ride: Offered by Bali Camel Safaris, visitors can enjoy a leisurely ride along the beach.
- Visit Pura Geger: This small Balinese temple, situated near Geger beach, offers beautiful views of the sea.
- Have Lunch at the Nusa Dua Beach Grill: Known for its fish dishes, crab, spicy prawns, and lobster, this grill is situated right on Geger Beach.
- Visit the Pacifica Museum: This museum houses the work of European artists who lived in Bali and Indonesian artists, along with Indo-Chinese and Polynesian exhibits.
- Take a Boat to Serangan Island: Known as Turtle Island, it houses a conservation center dedicated to caring for injured turtles and reintroducing them into the wild.
- Visit Puja Mandala: This religious and cultural complex represents the five major religions in Indonesia, offering a symbol of tolerance and religious equality.
- Experience Being a Pirate at The Pirate's Bay: This pirate-themed restaurant features a model wooden pirate ship, treehouse, lookout tower, and beach huts.
- Stroll along the Nusa Dua Promenade: A waterfront path offering views over the Indian Ocean, it's perfect for a morning or early evening stroll.
- Snorkel at Nusa Dua Beach: This beach offers a nearshore reef with good waves for surfing and clear waters for swimming or snorkeling.
- Watch the Devdan Show: This nightly cultural dance performance gives a tour of music, costumes, and traditions from all over Indonesia in a 90-minute show.
- Explore Geger Beach: A less-known beach compared to Pantai Geger, it offers swimming, snorkeling, and an opportunity to watch local seaweed farmers at work.
These attractions provide a range of experiences, from exploring natural wonders and historical sites to trying local cuisine and engaging in water sports, ensuring a memorable trip to Nusa Dua.
Overall, Sarah found that Bali offered something for everyone, and she was impressed by the diversity of experiences that the island had to offer. Whether you're looking for a romantic escape, a family-friendly adventure, or a solo travel experience, Bali has it all.
For those who are looking for something different, Sarah also recommends the laid-back, bohemian vibe of the town of Amed, located on Bali's northeast coast. Amed offers a more off-the-beaten-path experience, with its stunning coral reefs, secluded beaches, and traditional fishing villages.
A1: Some popular areas to stay in Bali include Seminyak, Ubud, Kuta, Canggu, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, and Sanur.
A2: Bali offers a wide range of accommodations, from budget-friendly
guesthouses and homestays to luxury villas and five-star resorts.
A3: Yes, Bali is generally safe for travelers. However, like any tourist
destination, it's important to take standard precautions, such as not
leaving your belongings unattended and avoiding less crowded areas late
A4: The cost can vary significantly depending on the type of
accommodation and its location. You can find budget accommodations for
as low as $10-20 USD per night, while luxury villas and resorts can cost
several hundred dollars per night.
A5: Yes, most hotels and resorts in Bali offer online booking options
through their websites or through popular travel booking sites.
A6: Yes, many hotels and resorts in Bali are family-friendly and offer
amenities like kids' clubs, babysitting services, and family rooms.
A7: Factors to consider when choosing accommodations in Bali include
location, proximity to attractions or the beach, amenities (like a pool,
restaurant, or spa), cost, and traveler reviews.
A8: Yes, there are many homestays, guesthouses, and even luxury resorts
that incorporate traditional Balinese architecture and offer experiences
like Balinese cooking classes or traditional dance performances.
A9: Yes, Bali has a number of eco-friendly resorts and hotels that
prioritize sustainable practices, such as using renewable energy,
reducing water waste, and supporting local communities.
A10: Yes, Bali is a popular honeymoon destination. There are many
romantic resorts and villas, especially in areas like Ubud and Jimbaran.
Many places offer special honeymoon packages that include private
accommodations, spa treatments, romantic dinners, and more.
💼 We cherish our independence! ✈️ Our travel recommendations are carefully researched, bias-free, and powered by human expertise by April and Ricky of LRB (we have personally researched and travelled to many of these destinations and researched others thoroughly through first-hand accounts). 🌍✨
We try to keep everything up to date, but please always do your own research and contact us if you know any issues for us to help others as best we can as a small but professionally focused team! 🧐📚⚠️